Friday, May 18, 2012

Kid's Birthday Party.... My Kids!!

I decided to have a combined birthday celebration for my daughter and son last year since their birthdays are just less than 3 weeks apart. The daddy worked on the games, gifts and decorations while I took care on the guests list and the food. I decided not to cater for the food by reducing the size of the guests. We kept the party small but fun-filled at least for the kids, after all it was their party! I love to set a stretched goal for myself to know and test my abilities. Perhaps this was due to what I used to do previously as a quality executive; breathing and preaching about stretching the target in a set mission statement!! I had challenged myself to cook for about 20 adults and 10 kids. Credits must be given to hubby, parents-in-law and friends who chipped in to help out in one way or another. Great thankfulness I must expressed to them and to God for making this warm celebration a memorable one!! The kids had so much fun. My daughters' friends still talking about the party till today!

The food that I planned and cooked were as followed:
1. 'Peranakan Curry Assam Fish'
2. Fried Pumpkin with Salted Eggs
3. Baked Carrots and Potatoes with Cheese
4. Creamy Mushroom Soup
5. Baked Chicken with Garlic
6. Fried Chicken Wings - Cooked by my GodMother
7. 'Peranakan Mee Siam' - Cooked by my Mother-In-Law
8. Cream Puffs
9. Fruits and Drinks

I am proud of myself for being able to cook these. I am not here to boast about my abilities; for I know and thank God that all strengths come from HIM; but I think it is important for me to be aware of my strengths, capabilities and interests.

Here are some photos of the foods and the special moments we had and shared together.

Cream puffs straight from the oven waiting to be cooled off then filled with chilled custard cream.

Peranakan Curry Assam Fish
 Baked Carrots and Potatoes with Cheese
 Fried Pumpkin with Salted Eggs
This was the most hit dish by the adults. It is one of the popular 'Peranakan' dishes and it is truly authentic!!











Creamy Mushroom Soup
Hubby dressed up as a clown to kick start games session!
Musical chairs..
The lovely chocolate cake we ordered from one of the local bakery shop called Four Leave.

My lovely and beautiful children!! Thank God every moment for their presence in our life.
 Cutting the cake with the grandfather..
Not our practice to let the kids to open the gifts before the guests leave but this was exceptional since it was from Grandma..
My girl with her two closed friends at school, showing off their talents in dancing the Indian dance steps they learned from the teachers.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin