Monday, May 11, 2009

Chicken Pie

It has been very tiring these 2 months and I don't feel like writing about anything else. In most of the times, last 3 months I can see myself getting 'lazier' and what I really wanted to do everyday is doing nothing....not even reading other blogs or updating my own ones :( I am expecting my second baby and into my 14 months of pregnancy now. Morning sickness has much subsided but the tension headaches are picking up. Hopefully all the symptoms will go soon.

These chicken pies were done a while ago by my mother-in-law. I just gave her minimum help in filling up the pies with potato mushroom chicken, brushing the pies with egg wash, operating the oven and doing some housekeeping works. She made the beautiful rose and I contributed the two petals of leaves..hehehe. We decorated one while leaving the rest simple.

I personally feel that this pie looks really gorgeous and tasty! Notice the side of the pie crust that puffed up much higher.. that is what i am looking forward to!






We bought instant puff pastry from Giant Supermarket. What you need to do is just take this pastry out from the fridge and roll it immediately to the size of your likings. This made the job pretty easy and fast. Follow the instructions in the box on how to roll and how long should you bake the pie... We added about another 15-20 minutes to the time suggested, just to get the brownish crisp look!





What you really got to do is to spend a little time before hand to cook the fillings. We decided to do the potato mushroom chicken filling as that is everyone's favourite and above all it is not spicy and my daughter loves it a lot!!

Notes:
1. Do not strecth the pastry to thin as it will shrink in high heat and cause the gravy of your filling to flow out.

2. Make the top pie cover slightly bigger than the pie mould to avoid spilling

3. Gently prick the bottom pie pastry with a fork before filling it up.

4. Use the back of the fork to gently press at the side around the pie cover.




Received a comment from the administrator from foodista and am pleased to be invited to link to their chicken pot pie recipe Chicken Pot Pie on Foodista

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello June, hope you and your baby are doing fine. I found your blog through the foodieblogroll and i love reading it.I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind. Just add this foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!-Alisa@Foodista

June said...

Hi Alisa

My baby and i are doing fine. Thanks for asking and thanks for your interest in reading my blog. I would be more than happy if I could share my expeiences and stories with the readers from your site. Thanks!

Sheri said...

Hi June!

We've selected your Chicken Pie post as our Food Blog of the Day on Foodista! You'll be featured on the homepage Tuesday, June 30, so check it out!

Congrats! Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Sheri@foodista
VP Editorial

June said...

Hi Sheri

My pleasure to have the post featured. Thanks!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin