Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Husband's Rumbling in the Kitchen!

Today my husband insisted to spend some time in the kitchen reason being our dear girl kept on pestering the daddy to cook her favourite pork chop. He likes to do his rumbling in the kitchen once a while. If we are not in a rush to prepare a meal or the kids are napping or at least not cranky, we both do enjoy our cooking time together at the kitchen during weekends. Our daughter if were to know that we are doing a cooking project together, she would definitely try to stay awake and refuse to nap so that she could join in the fun too :). Sometimes we include her depending on what's in the menu and the plan!


We used a healthier method to cook the pork chop this time. No oil was used. We bake them instead. We marinated the pork with some soy sauce and pepper; coated it slight with whisked egg and cream crackers and baked in the oven for about 30 minutes at 180deg C. The pork wasn't as crunchy as I expected but it was so yummy to have it with the home-made tomato sauce that my husband made. He came up with the recipe and to me it is getting better and better each time.

Look at his attentive face and sometimes he looked too serious when he cooked:P.

He was busy with his pork chop while I was juggling between my egg tarts and salad. I will put up the post of the egg tarts next. This potato salad is rather easy to make. I chose to steam the potato with cauliflower, carrots and onions rather than baking them as we thought of going a little 'healthier' this weekend. Once the vegetables are soften, remove them from the steamer; drain away the residue of water; mix them with a touch of salt, pepper, cilantro, spring onions, thyme and olive oil.

We love it so much!



2 comments:

Edible Art said...

ooh yumm, the pork crunchies sound amazing,
mind telling me the recipe ? (:

i love your blog! i dont come across many asian ones, and its always awesome to find one !

keep up the awesome work!

June said...

Hi Stephanie

Thanks for dropping by my blog and your words of encouragement :) So sweet of you.... You too keep up the good work for I do really enjoy reading your blog too!!

The pork chop recipe is quite simple. The seasoning is more towards Asian style. Slice the pork to about 1/8" thick then pound it to tenderise the meat. Marinate with light soy sauce and pepper for at least 1 hour. Coat it with whisked egg follows by crushed cream crakers. Bake it at 180deg for about 30 minutes or less.

As for the home-made tomato sauce, I am not very sure what are the exact ingredients used by my husband as he himself can't really recall when I asked him :(. I usually will saute some big onions then add in the tomatoes and water just enough to cover the ingredients for him to do the rest later. You may let it simmer for about 1/2 an hour. Add in a little soy sauce, sweet dark soy sauce, Lea Perrin sauce, brown sugar and a touch of vinegar.

Do send photo and let me know the result if you ever cook this dish :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin